Ratio - A comparison of two quantities that have the same unit of measure.
Yellow stars to red stars is 2:3
Rate - Compares two quantities in different units.
example: 1.75 L of milk for $0.75
Proportion - A relationship that says that two ratios or two rates are equal.
1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h.
2. Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week?
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
1) Does this seem fair?
No, it is not fair.
2) With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just fair?
It does not seem fair.
3) Why have you made this choice?
It is not fair because the first guy got sentenced for only 40 months for stealing $3 billion. As for the other guy, he stole only $100 but got sentenced for 15 years.
4) What would you have done if you were the judge?
If I had been the judge I would've sentenced the homeless guy to jail for only 14 months because at least he gave back the money. The other guy I would have sentenced him to jail for 10 years for he stole $3 billion but didn't give the money back unlike the homeless guy.
****I did not do the bonus question****