Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Eula's Pay It Forward

Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward"?
Basically, Pay it Forward is a movement. A movement of kindness. The point is you do something good for others and expect of nothing in return. Then the person you helped will help 3 other people, then those 3 people will help another 3, each. Like an unending cycle of kindness.


Part 2

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
What I did for my act of kindness was to give out holiday cards with little candy can treats in them, with a nice holiday greeting.

Why did you choose this activity? I chose this activity because I thought it would be nice, since it's close to the holidays and I hoped maybe it would make their days a bit better and create a mile on their face.

Who did you help?
I helped the people of my neighboorhood.

What did you do?
I first bought some small candy canes from a dollar store and then started working on the cards. After we finished, it was already dark, so we had to hurry. We only got though some of our street, which was a bit less than I intended but I want to continue this soon, just not for this project, it was just fun.

When did you do you act of kindness?
I did it on Saturday of November 1, 2012.
 


Part 3

How did your act of kindness go?
It went well, though we went a bit off schedule and we ended up going outside in the dark, since it gets dark early in the winter!

What Happened?
It was just me and my mother roaming down our street stopping at each house to drop off the message in their mail, it was pretty fun. The weather was fine, so it was comfortable to walk around outside.

How did you feel?
I felt that I accomplished something productive. I want to do it again some time!

How did the person or people react?
I didn't exactly know who I was helping, but a woman came out of her house and asked me what I was doing. She was defensive so I was a bit afraid to respond, but I told her about the project we're doing for school in which we do nice things for others. I also told her about what I was doing for the project. She said alright, and I just gave her, her card directly.

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
I really wish I did! But I'm afraid I didn't, I hope that wasn't bad. I did tell her, 'We are supposed to do nice things for others without expecting anything in return.'

How did they react to your request?
They we're a bit angry that a child was on their door putting random mail in their mailboxes, but they seemed fine with it after I told them what was going on.

If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
Unfortunenately, my nerves got the best of me. The woman I talked to was a bit (okay, alot) intimidating. I told her what was going on, buut I didn;t exactly tell her about Pay it Forward.


Part 4

Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
If kindness is not important enough for you, then I have no idea what is going on in your brain. The idea is important because it helps others.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
 
No idea. I hope it did though. I worked hard on the cards. I just hope I managed to make a smile on the strangers' faces and make their day better.



No comments:

Post a Comment