Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Adrienne's Pay it Forward

Part 1
Pay it forward is a random act of kindness you do for nothing in return. No matter how small, and then that person can do something for someone else, and it continues. Just making a difference.

Part 2
What was your pay it forward act of kindness?
I left little cards saying things like 'Wishing you a happy holiday' with a little picture to go with it. I made about 40 of them.
Why did you choose this activity?
 Because sometimes people are feeling bad, or need something to cheer them up, and it is close to the holidays.
Who did you help?
 I don't know, people that live near me I suppose I could of lifted their spirits a bit.
What did you do?
 I gave people little notes, and hopefully if they were feeling bad they'll feel a little better.
When did you do your act of kindness?
I did it a cold winter night, four score and about 5 hours ago.

[The photo isn't loading I may need to do it somewhere faster such as at school. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused in your veiwing pleasure of when you skimped through this]

Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
I think it went pretty well considering what I was doing, just a simple note, but simple acts can go a long way sometimes. Though not everytime. I doubt this was as big or good a thing as it could of been and I should of planned something betterr.
What happened?
I put the cards under doors and in mailbox'.
How did you feel?
I felt like I was doing something good, though it wasn't nearly as big as it could of been, or nearly as creative, or nearly anything, it was something.
How did the person or people react?
There was typically nobody there, and it'd be awkward if there was. Imagine, you, crouchin to put slide something under or into their mailbox and then -bam- the door opens and they ask you why you're stuffin a coloured piece of paper under their door and if it's a bomb.
Did you ask the person or people to pay it forward?
No, although at the front of the card I put; From: Pay it forward (A school project), I don't know what that has to do with anything but hey, maybe someone might be interested and google it.
How did they react to your request?
I have no idea, considering I didn't request it from them.
If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
Well, besides the obvious reasons of, I didn't talk to anyone, I feel it would be a little pushy. Doing something for someone out of the blue then expecting them to do it too. I mean, you need a sort of agreement first.

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
Pay it forward is important because the idea is one person can make a difference, and if they do other people might try to. And that one person can change the world, which some people might disagree with, but that's only because they're thinking one person has to do one big thing. But it's a slow process, one person per thing or more and it turns into this huge thing if everyone just does something.
Has your act of kindness made a difference?
Probably not a big one, but I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment