- ratio - a relationship between two quantities nomally expressed as the quotient of one divided by the other.
- rate - a certain quantity or amount of one thing considered in relation to a unit of another thing and used as a standard or measure or a fixed charge per unit of quantity
- proportion - comparitive relation between things or magnitudes as to size, quantity, number, etc....
Part 2Copy these questions into your post. Answer them using proportion statements.
- 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about __72___km/h.
- Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week? 75 x .28 = $21.00
Part 3What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1 horizontally 2 vertically and cross multiplication
Part 4Find a video about using proportion and embed it in your post. Make sure you select the small size of the video. (Bonus Marks if you make your own video about proportion and embed it)
We are starting to engage in discussions about social justice. What do you think about this image below. Use the link to copy it into your post. Then answer the questions
- Does this seem fair? no he turned himself in to the police and its a $100. no weapon did not hurt any one.
- With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? how does th ceo get 40 months for stealing 3 billion and the homeless man gets 15 years for stealing 100 dollars which he returned
- Why have you made this choice? because i think its right
- What would you have done if you were the judge? i would have let homeless man him go
Read more: http://sargentparkmathzone.blogspot.com/2012/10/ratio-rate-and-proportion-post.html#ixzz29WHWFaAI
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Share Alike